Friday, February 02, 2007

A New Day

Today is a new day. I pretty much can forecast what it will be like. It will start out good, as the last couple mornings have, but by 10:00 AM. It will all fall apart. Ali will fight sleep and scream at me, and then rowan will get upset about this, and fuss at me. And on throughout the day this will go until; well I finally got rowan down at 10:00 and ali down around 11:30 last night.

I am guessing I have very sensitive children. And stubborn! Rowan has stopped taking good naps. He wakes up screaming after about 1 hour. He is definately being affected by all the chaos in our house right now. I am hoping to again get some one on one time with him today.

I was looking forward to seeing snow this morning, but that didn't happen. Oh well. I might be able to go out tomorrow night. My sister in law is having a bachlorette get together. I really doubt I'll be able to go. Plus I feel guilty, leaving the house such a mess, meaning the people who live in it.

Yesterday neal stayed home with me. I woke up for one of ali's feedings and got sick. I had horrible stomach cramps all morning. I am guessing round two of this bug that's going around hit me. Rowan's cough had gone away, but he's been hacking for about a half hour, so I'll assume it came back. Ali sounds terrible, she is hacking as well. Hubby says no need to call the doc, as they won't be able to do anything for her.

I am hoping things start to turn around. That we can get rid of all the sickness in our house, and that we can be rid of this time in our lives. I pray to be a stronger person and a better mother too! I am guessing I need to be more nurturing or sensitive to my childs needs to make things work. I looking forward to hubby being home this weekend, all though I can't say he feels the same way. He very much looks forward to going back to work on mondays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jenny, you ARE nurturing and sensitive to your kids! seriously, you are a very loving mom. oh, i'm so sorry to hear that you guys are sick. so not fun. glad neal could stay home though. owen had a pretty high fever yesterday, but seems better today. praying for you today.