Monday, December 10, 2007

Dreary Days


I thought I used to love winter, but as I get up in the years!! I think I am starting to not like it so much. The last week or so it seems like the days have just blended together. I love snow, but it's got to be a big one, not just cold and a dusting. I'll still stick with my favorite season, the good one God has awaitin for me.

Last night we had a meal with my fam and as we we're leaving we started getting phone calls on our cell phone, which seemed like from everyone and their cousins' and there cousin's cousins. They we're calling to tell us that neal's work was on fire. We had to go pick up our christmas cards so we kinda just moseyed around there for a little. And awaited more news. We then decided to drive over and all the roads we're closed but we somehow ended up getting in. I got out of the van and asked a firefighter what was going on. Then this morning neal got a phone call and they said that it was an electrical fire and that there wasn't a lot of damage. The cleaning person was there and smelled the smoke and called it in. PRAISE the Lord! If the cleaning person wasn't there they would have lost the whole building within a meatter of minutes. Because of all the oil and gas stored there. It just would have went Whoosh! So neal still has a job, just not sure when exactly he will be returning to it. As they are cleaning up and need to get the electric going. But we are so happy with the outcome.
Our pastor did a series on teenagers and all the different things they struggle with these days. It was abnoramally encouraging to me as well. This last sermon was. It was about dating. I feel hubby and I really need to start dating again. And get connected, not that we're not, but just get lost in that newness again. When you have kids, things change, everyone knows that. Some wise friend (T) gave us some fantastic advice, "treat each other as a gift".

No comments: