This past weekend hubby and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We actually took off for the whole weekend. Hubby's parents came and stayed with the kiddos, all weekend! We took the long and trecherous trip to Quarryville to the Red House. It was so spectacular. What did we do?
Nothing!!!!!!
And it was so nice. We did go to the condowingo park on saturday, it was very windy, but we got to see something really interesting. Well okay a lot of you might not find this interesting. But we saw the "Schad" migrating up the bank of the susquehanna river. What are "Schad"? They are fish! I know, I know not too exciting, but it was for us, more so for neal. I enjoyed the nature of it. Enough, enough. The kids did really well for my in laws. Bless them for taking on such a hard job all weekend. Rowan and aliana woke up a couple times but they did well during the day for them. So that made me feel better.
Friday night as we we're leaving I said to neal, mayby a whole weekend is too long, but he reassured me it would be fine. It took a little and I was able to let it go. We enjoyed the time to talk and honestly, this sounds lazy, but we loved not having to get up every 5 seconds to chase after one of the kids. That was the nicest for me, I felt i needed a break, did I deserve it, I don't know about that, but it was still awesome.
I dipped some peanut butter eggs and peanut butter cookies in choc this afternoon, I should go put them away.
Oh and for those of you who we're wondering, we DID NOT lock ourselves out in the hot tub this weekend!!!!!!
Looking forward to easter and making food!
No comments:
Post a Comment