Monday, May 05, 2008

Sweet little girl


I have been blessed with a sweet little girl. However, I sometimes wonder what goes through her mind, From her actions, I think it might be the following.

It is impossible for me to keep my shoes on if I am in my car seat.
I need to be on top of the highest appliance in the house.
I bet chocolate handprints would improve the look of this couch.
Diaper wipes look so lonely in that box. I should take them all out so they can play.
These postage stamps make really neat stickers.
Let's see what the new baby does when I jab my finger in her eye.
I wonder if this green marker is as healthy as green vegetables.
Jumping from the couch to the coffee table needs to be an olympic sport.
Sleep is for sissies!
My goal in life is to take everything within my reach and put it where it doesn't belong.
I wonder what the word NO means? My mommy sure says it a lot.

I have searched for answers in how to parent her and have come up with only one solution. Follow God's example and just love her as He loves me when I make mistakes and messes. Pray that God will give you his eyes to see that child the way he does. God sees straight into our childrens hearts, when we, with our human eyes, tend to see those outer things that can sometimes drive us crazy.

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at, Man looks at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7
I need Gods balance. I need His perspective on my children, because, on my own, I tend to focus on the negative.


This is an excerpt out of a fantastic book I am reading right now.
Mom and Lovin It
by: Laurie Lovejoy Hilliard and Sharon Lovejoy Autry

I would highly reccomend it. It has given me such a greater purpose in raising my children. And much more patience with them! I will definately share more.


No comments: