Friday evening my friend trish and I went into my brothers church to hear him and a friend mindy sing. When we got there I found out my brother was sick and was not singing. Big Bummer. It doesn't happen very often that I get to hear him sing. Oh well. Great concert, I always love to hear her sing, she can just take you to another place. I think I figured out to that her singing reminds of my mom when she use to sing to me!? She decided to throw "Joyful Day" into her set, it was not planned, as I heard her whisper it to D and F, you knew it was a song change. Well as soon as she announced it I burst into tears. The last time I heard that is when she and good friend T sang it at my mom's viewing/celebration of life. My brother wrote the song. Anyway, he went missing in action and I just sat there and bawled. But it was a good kind of cry! I am glad she did it! Here are the lyrics:
Joyful Day
There will be lights in the summer sky
There will be reasons for all our whys
There will be no more tears or goodbyes
And like children we will play
On that joyful day
And we will sing
And we will dance
Like young lovers filled with romance
And on bended knee
With lifted hands
All the prayers that we will say
On that joyful day
There will be no fear
There will be no pain
There will be no doubt
There will be no shame
There will be no shame
And we will look and we will see
Angels and sinners, in perfect harmony
Can you imagine how it will be
When we behold for what we pray
On that joyful day
There will be no fear
There will be no pain
There will no doubt
There will be no shame
On that joyful day
And we will look
And we will see, angels and sinners, in perfect harmony
Can you imagine how it will be
When we behold for what we pray
When we behold for what we pray
On that joyful day
Such a beautiful song and what amazing lyrics. It's so fitting. "When we behold for what we pray".
So we enjoyed our concert and left to go to Annie Baileys. This is where the real fun began. I don't know why I kept making the wrong turns, but I just could not get us there. About a half hour later and one turn onto a one way, (which I didn't even know I did this until my cohort, trish, told me). I quickly turned around and finally got there. In the middle of driving all over the city, my headlights shut off on me. So I pulled to the side of the road and called hubby, (you know he's a mecahnic) Well he told me things to try but nothing happened so we had to drive with the highbeams on. We got to annie's and it was so loud in there, we didne't stay long and I don't feel trish really got the whole feel of the irsih pub thing, cause it really is so authentic. There was just to many people and the music was too loud, and let's not even talk about the dree attire. So trish like I said I will be taking you back another time. We then left. We got to the parking garage, and I decided to let trish drive, (one pint, no biggie, but with no working headlights, you just never know). And she could not get the highbeams to work unless she held them there. What a MESS!!!! Well we finally made it home. The next morning neal went out to fiddle around with the car and found a big puddle underneath it. It was brake fluid and he continued to say that he couldn't believe the brakes didn't go out on us. WHAT!!!!???? God was totally watching over us. So that was my first girls night out (I mean out on the town) for a long long time. I will need to plan another one soon to erase the horrible memories of this one. No they we're not horrible, funny, and terrible, but funny. You know you're laughing with me trish.
Then sunday night I went to "Spa Days" at my church. I got a pedicure. And my toenails are painted, I don't think I can ever remember having that done. They feel nice and smooth, my feet. I got to sit and chat with some ladies, that's always fun!
Oh the insanity comes into play today. Trish told me about a great sale going on at childrens place outlet, so I decided to make the trip over to check it out. BIG mistake. As soon as we walked in the doors of the store rowan informed me he had to pee . The lady told me there was no way to get to there bathrooms right now. Okay? So we headed back out in the cold, to the van. Rowan used the potty in the van. (He really didn't need to go but 2 secs.) Then we packed up and went back in to the store. Ali started having a coniption as soon as we entered again. And obeying went out the door for R. What happened? I don't know, it was like a switch turned on. So we we're not there more then 3 minutes and we had to leave. On our drive home they both let me have it. Yelling and screaming, "How dare you take me out it this cold weather". They didn't actually say this. But I assuming it had something to do with it. Well half way home I had to stop, I got ali down to try and calm her down and realized she made a mess in her diaper, onezie, pants and then her socks, so I stripped her down, now she's even colder. Luckily I had a change of clothes in the van, or else? She proceeds to climb on top of the potty chair, you know what I am going to say next, yes it dumped all over her and the carpet in the van. Meanwhile r is still screaming because he's trying to do a bm, and some of you know his probs with that lately, not fun, lots of screaming involved. My sanity went out the window at that point. I just put everyone back in there seats, strapped in of course. And drove home listening to them sass me again. Until of course 5 mins before I get to the house, they both fall asleep. What are the chances? See why I had to share this story. I feel better already, it's out and over and done with, I am even smiling. Well okay I am a little annoyed, I put r down for a nap at 1:30 and he has woken up 5 times, with a bm. But at least Ali's sleeping good.
Tomorrow I have a friend flying home from CA with her two girls. Her mother is sick. But our moms group has proclaimed "Healing Grace" over her. Just keep the flight in your prayers, and continued wisdom for the doctors as they oversee this case.
Oh and, "Happy Birthday Trish"!
No comments:
Post a Comment