Monday, February 18, 2008

Locked Out

On friday we, the kids we're a little bored so I had an idea of bringing one of our outside toys in. It's a little slide. I thought this would be at least an hour of fun for the kiddos. I didn't know it would create so much havoc.
Little recap, in the fall we had a new sliding door installed by the wonderful "Fisher's Company". If you need work done at the house call them! Anyway, the screen door has a lock on it and we are not too familiar with it since it was cold when it was installed and we only use the sliding door more in the summer. So I went out on the deck to get this slide. I shut the screen door and let the kids watch me clean the slide. When I tried to get back in the door it wouldn't open. Rowan was playing with the buttons and he locked it. What do you do? So I calmly tried to walk rowan through unlocking it, even though I really didn't know how to do it. I just kept telling him to play with the buttons. He started to get a little upset and told me to come in and play with the buttons and open the door. So at that point I decided I needed to go to a neighbors to call hubby and have him start his trek home to let me in the house. Well I took off the deck and both kiddies started crying. I asked my neighbor if I could use her cell, she couldn't find it, so I took her reg phone over to the house, it wouldn't work, too far. The kids were hysterical! So I went back to my neighbors yard, placed the call, and handed the phone to my neighbor and asked her to explain the situation and tell neal to come home ASAP. Ran back to my house and tried to calm the kids down. I did finally. They then took off for the living room, where I could not see them. I had horrible fears of what they could be doing. So I ran around to the front of the house, saw them at the window, standing on a table. So I tried to play peeks with them, till rowan dropped the blinds and then I could not longer see them. Ali said that was it, and just lost it!
A few minutes later neal showed up and unlocked the front door, and I got back in.
What a week!!!!!!!

1 comment:

tines said...

oh my! sounds like something that would happen at our house! did i ever tell you about the time that owen got his leg stuck in a pipe in the front lawn? it was scarey. he was little, i forget how old. i was envisioning the fire dept coming & cutting the pipe out of the yard, etc. i was home alone and i ran in to get the phone to call D. we ended up pouring oil down the pipe and we could pull his leg out. crazy. so thankful for the Lord's hand of protection on my boy. xo
ps. how was the baked corn?