Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Grace Won The Race

Revelation 21:4-5
"He will wipe every tear from there eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
"He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new." Then He said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworty and true!"

I come here deeply saddened today. I am not exactly sure why, as I was not so much close to my friends mother but just the overwhelming feeling of death. Not that I fear death, but the great sorrow that it brings to us. I feel so much pain for my friend and her family this day. Almost as though I am carrying such a heavy burden for this. God will use as he sees fit?

My friend, connie's mother went home to be with the lord last evening. She battled a quick bout with pancreatic cancer. This is super hard right now as connie's sister is on her death bed, dying from a brain tumor. And is expected to not make it through each day. Pray for peace, and not just any old peace, but a peace that would overflow with abundance on this family and their friends, as they have endured so much hardship in the last two to three months.

Grace has had so much loss in her life as there was much cancer and death in her family, even losing her own husband to lukemia many years ago. I pray and will you pray along with me that she is only experiencing so much joy right now that her heart is bursting with it and that she has forgotten all about the pain of all her grieving and loss in her life, and also her battles with cancers. That she is dancing up in heaven rejoicing of her death, and yet her new life, that is ever so much greater then anything we can imagine!!!

Continue to pray for karen and all of the family. Lord just let them be humble through this whole ordeal. Shower them with "Grace"!

As I reflect and take in this news, I think to Psalm 46:1-5
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's water roar and foam and mountains quake with their surging."

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells."

"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day."

No comments: