Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ultimate Healing

I have heard this word a lot lately in my life and I think of it as a great thing but also a sad thing for a family who has spent so much time hoping and praying for earthly ultimate healing.

On tuesday morning my dear friend connie once again experienced great loss. Her sister Karen died, from a brain tumor. She had been at home with hospice for a little over two weeks.

I had attended her mothers funeral last saturday, and was actually uplifted and had hope and even more faith. Especially for karen, that she was gonna pull through this. But exactly one week later she went home to be with her mother, father, grandparents, and aunt, who have all suffered at the hand of cancer. But most of all she did go home and meet her savior! And what a reunion that must have been. Karen leaves behind her husband and 3 boys, all under the age of ten. And so again this saturday we will be attending another funeral. This will definately be a hard time of year for connie. Her father passed away from lukemia in 89 on April 1st, so this has all happened in the matter of 3 weeks. I pray that the Lord will continue to surround her with loving and encouraging people. She is so strong. And I really admire that about her. I pray for Ultimate "Grace" and Ultimate comfort for what's left of this family. Please pray along with me.

No comments: