Saturday, November 21, 2009

Girlfriends

Adding this to the post, as Ang added this to FB. Look at us!
Last saturday I had an oppurtunity of a lifetime. I got to meet up with two special, special girlies that I grew up with. I used to walk with andrea to kindergarten and I would always tell her, "Now you get on the inside of the sidewalk, and I'll be on the outside, just in case we get hit by a car, it will be me, not you!" And then Becky moved in across from me, and it was an instant bond that was created. We used to dance to music out in the driveway, and pretend that when we grew up, we would be back up dancers and singers for my brothers rock band. (and she married a lead singer in a band, go figure) A fabulous friendship between all three of us formed, one that God prepared a way for me at the time and I didn't even know it.

Last saturday we met at Rachels in downtown lancaster. It was incredible seeing them for the first time in so long. Lots of laughter and cathing wa shad by all! See....after a lot of shuffling around from new holland to bainbridge to new holland, my mother became very ill and I needed to go and stay with her for a while. I eventually lost contact with these two wonderful friends. But it was super that our paths have now crossed again.



Oh.......how their parents used to cringe at the site of me knocking on the door again. This little girl who always came over, (I loved the security of the safeness in their homes and how their parents had rules, even though I was quite the temptress in making them break those rules sometimes). Always begging to stay over, these gentle loving couples who welcomed me, even though they knew I was not the best influence for their girls. They showed me how one day when I have children, I want to raise them, just like that. In a loving christian home. With boundries and Love! I owe so much to their sweet parents for the example they we're to me growing up. And for Beck and Ang, and how they always embraced me for who I was. Not needing to fit in and be like all the rest. I cherish these sweet, sweet memories :)


And thank our wonderful savior for the seed that was planted in my life at the time. When we we're together on saturday it seemed like we we're just picking up from one of our sleepovers, when we we're 8 or 9. Thank you sweet jesus for these precious ladies that have come back into my life.


No comments: