Well...........what an eventful week or should I say two weeks I have had, WHEW!
I had a scheduled ultrasound on tuesday at 8:00am to see Dr. B, the specialist, who is monitoring my cervix right now. And I was on the highway and it was backed up for a mile or two and moving very slowly, like 5-10 mph slowly. All of a sudden everyone was rear-ending each other. Everyone got out and accessed the damage, their was none. (to any of the other vehicles) But man oh man my foot was hurting real bad. I continued driving to the doctors. When I got there I thought I don't know if I can walk on this foot, but told myself to suck it up and just do it. When I got up stairs I could hardly walk, and told the doc I was in a car accident. He took me right in and checked baby and she was fine, and my cervix is still holding at 2cm. Great news!!!
But because I was in an accident they wanted to monitor me for "silent contractions" so down to triage I went. As soon as I got down there I asked for some medicine for my foot, cause it was killing me. They took me down by wheelchair which I was relieved, cause I didn't want to have to ask for a wheelchair, but knew i couldn't walk anymore. The nurses kept telling me they needed to send me downtown to the hospital for my foot and x-rays, but really wanted to keep me there for observation on the baby. I said, okay, can I please get something for the pain, please, cause my foot...um...it kinda REALLY hurt! The next thing I knew, I had an iv going in one arm, and 7 tubes of blood being drained from the other arm, yes I am serious! Immediately following I was rolled over to my side so they could inject my progesterone. OUCH!!!!!
And no, I still have not had any pain medication for my foot yet.
Okay, this is getting long.
They take me by ambulance to the hospital and do x-rays, scary when you're preggo. And come to find I have dislocated the bones in my foot and toe. The doctor walks in and starts smiling at me and rubbing my feet, I said oh please, can you give me somthing for pain first. CRACK...."sorry"..........Crack, Crack...."sorry!"
I shot up out of that bed and said......"PLEASE can I have something for my pain NOW!"
He had relocated my bones and said, Yeah, I'll bring you some tylenol. TYLENOL, WHAT?
My nurse said maybe some morphine, although that sounded heavenly, (I have never had this but had to administer it to my mom a lot and so I know how much better this can make a person feel) I looked at her like she was crazy, MORPHINE? Where was I, and what are these crazy, crazy lunatics going to do with me, take me back to kansas dorothy, PLEASE! Oh and by the way do you have a pain pill for me for my trip too :P
After 4 or so agonizing hours they gave me a low dose pain pill, and I was able to relax and the pain subsided some. On my way home I went. Oh and I guess I forgot to mention that on Monday I was diagnosed with strep throat, just to throw a little excitment in there!
So.....I am healing. I have wonderful friends who have really stepped in and we're able to take my kiddos all day as I couldn't walk on my foot hardly for the first few days. Just another hop, skip, and a jump, right?
I know our Lord and Savior is watching over us. And I very well know that His protection was upon me on tuesday. Had my belly hit the steering wheel (my head did) or anything else, well, that could have been the end for this pregnancy. And as sensitive as my uterus is, that could have made my cervix shorten even more, but it didn't. And "HE is Good like that"
And so, although I don't understand all these trials right now, and quite frankly, not dealing with it all so well. I know that he will not give us more then we can handle right now. I PRAISE Him, because, He will pull me through!
1 comment:
Oh my word Jenny. I'm in tears over here. What a rough time you are going through. While we know that God is God and He is in control and He doesn't give you more than you can handle... it's understandable to cry out "enough is enough!" I wish I lived closer so I could be of some help. I knew you were in an accident but I didn't hear the full story. I'm just in shock. I'm praying for you dear girl. praying praying praying.
Post a Comment