Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hands On House

2 Fridays ago we went and visited the Hands On House childrens mesuem. It was a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed all the stuff to do. There favorite thing was face painting. Although the group before them pretty much cleaned out all the paint. They water colored their faces.
Ali really liked the enormous light brite. (Hmmm Christmas Idea, I'll have to check yard sales) And she loved dressing up.
Rowan even got into the dressing up part, in his, way to big, phillies uniform.
Going Fishing
Aliana looking at herself in the mirror.
All in all it was a fun activity to do with the kids and not too expensive.
Sunday morning she spiked a fever while i was teaching in her class. When we got home I checked it and it was 103.9. She was just laying around. So I called my doctor and they said try switching back and forth with motrin and tylenol. That worked. And then she woke up monday morning with no fever and was acting fine, still a little tired so I decided not to take her to the doctors. Well don't you know it, monday evening she spiked right back up to 103.9. My doctors office didn't open again until the next day after 1 pm. So I alternated between the meds again this helped and again she woke up tuesday feeling fine, no fever. I took her tuesday afternoon, and am I glad I did. Cause she spiked again tuesday night. They thought she had strep throat. So they put her on an antibiotic. I still feel I should have asked them to do a strep test to make sure before I just put her on antibiotics. But I always feel like I am bothering them when I ask for things. Anyway she had a throat infection of some sort because the antibiotic did clear it up. And today she is starting to get back to normal. But now my throat hurts, and I am feeling a little yucky. So I am very glad it was nothing terrible. Especially with her having a fever that high. Seizures run in hubbys side of the family with high fevers and I did not want to experience that. Through it all she was such a trooper and a little cuddlebug. I was totally lovin it, because at her age right now I can't cuddle her more then 3 seconds.

No comments: