Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Weekend Getaway

A couple of weekends ago we spent a whole glorious weekend "embracing our pink" Just Kidding! Neal and I went on a marriage retreat with a bunch of other couples from our church. Number 1 it was nice to have a break from the kids. Neal said on saturday night, you know, I actually miss the kids, I said really :O He asked, why don't you, ummm......yeah! ;)
And two, we had a blast hanging out with friends we knew and getting to know other one's really well. 3. Oh yeah, and we enjoyed the alone time too. Our weekend was packed with little mini seminars, which we're phenomenal! Our speakers we're from our church and had great stories to tell. It was a very refreshing weekend for us. Neal and I got to re-evaluate some things and we're reminded to focus on us first.
Here is a morning view of the beach on sunday, the day we we're to leave. Unfortunately, the only day it was sunny. I have not laughed that hard in so long, the whole weekend was full of laughter. With such good friends!
We brought back 4 hermit crabs for the kids. The blue one is hermie and the yellow one is flower. The other two still don't have names.

The kids use our wooden blocks to build a fence for them to crawl around in. So far R has been pinched, but he didn't cry :) And yes hermit crabs can fly, oh lets see what else, if you consistantly hit the hermit crab on a hard floor over and over and over, it will not kill or harm the hermit crab, they will live. Ha!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

wonderful to see you posting again! :) And um... those are intersting facts about hermit crabs! :)

Jenny said...

Yes I know. I need to be more regular with it. I need to be taking mor epics, I have been slacking in that area. Hey I am an open book when it comes to the hermits, JK!