Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Update

I had my doctors appointment this morning and they checked me again. Still 6 cm dialated and my water is still in tact. Which is good. Technically we are still preterm. Any baby born before 37 weeks is considered premature. I am starting to wonder if the doctors we're right in saying I will be 42 weeks and begging them to induce me. Before I just laughed it off and thought no way, I will go right away when I get off the medicine. But now, I am feeling like it still might be a long road.

Maybe I was expecting to much once the bedrest was up. I am not as mobile as I thought I would be. I know it will take time to get strength back but I can only do things here and there. I am very nesty, but not in full force. I'm thinking because of the meds. The doctor assures me it is out my system. But I think my uterus has been trained to stop after it starts contracting. For 12 weeks the meds told it to do that.

At least this is my new theory in trying to figure out why in the world labor would just stop and not progress any further. My mother in law did point out that I need to just relax. And I know I do. I am so tense in thinking about everything. I need to give it up, I can do that.

I have another doctors appointment friday. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: