Last night went well. Rowan had his 18 month well check-up. He got the first dose of his flu shot. He did very well. Neal held him while they administered it. It was really nice to not be the villian in the doctors office for once. Neal gave him to me and he calmed down quite quickly. He did not like the visit though. He cried everytime the nurse or doctor came in the room, but would stop when they left. I am hoping this is a stage and he will grow out of it. It was hard to ask the doctor questions over a crying child.
A big praise was that the doctor does not see anything wrong with his feet. He said he does turn them in and walk on the insides of his feet, but it's not anything that warrants any special shoes or a procedure. The doc also mentioned that his hips are a little lose and have more motion then other kids. It's not affecting anything though. I think I will still purchase hi-top shoes to help give him a little more support so he does not trip so often. And to top the evening off they gave him a sticker with a truck on it!
So while we're on the subject of feet, you're probably wondering why this is titled "Hobbits Feet"? I have started gaining fluid so my feet have pretty much been swollen for a couple of days. And I said this during my pregnancy with rowan. My feet look like Frodo or Sam's from The Lord of the Rings. Minus the hair, ewww!
The last week before I went into labor with rowan I swelled up like a elephant. So I am wondering if my body's doing the same thing again. The swelling has been consitent for a couple of days. I will ask the doctor tomorrow. Also praying the ob will take me off the meds, as long as it is safe!
Today trish and jadon are coming to visit and they will be making me lunch. Jadon loves to come and play with rowan's trucks, and trish and I get some gal time to gab.
No comments:
Post a Comment