My doctors appointment went well on thursday. My contractions we're not showing up on the monitor, big surprise! I had a nurse who was determined, she said there's a special spot they can usually find that will pick up back contractions. But they never do. They checked and said that my cervix is still closed and that I have not dilated anymore.
I had to increase my medicine. (No more contractions) I am now taking the procardia every 4 hours. And I was up sick last night. Not fun. I asked the doctor at what point do we let my body do what it wants. And she replied after 36 weeks. So I am looking at some more bedrest. I thought that when I turned 34 weeks I would have less restrictions. I just got stuck with more bedrest time. Oh well..........It is for the best. I heard tonight that the last month is actually when they're immune system is being strengthned, so we know god is still working.
I dislike that I feel like I am ready and that I want it to be over. Part of it is that it feels like 18 months, not 9, from the bedrest. I think it's pretty normal for every mother to get uncomfortable and want to meet their baby towards the end?
But I do have big news. The doctor said as long as I went in a wheelchair, I could go to the fall fest tonight. I was so happy. Ryan and joy pushed me in the wheelchair while neal pushed rowan in the stroller. It was nasty weather, so we stayed in the church most of the time. They had games for rowan to play. He got to pick a duck out of a pond and win a glow stick. He also went digging in a pile of corn. He really didn't care much to find the prize as much as he wanted to pick all the corn that all the other children we're throwing out of the pile, back on the pile! (He's a born organizer like mommy and grandma)
I got to see a lot of people who desperately have been awaiting an update on what's been going on. So it was nice to tell the story of our little miracle and how god has been abundant in his grace.
Thank you soooo much to ryan and joy for taking time out of there young busy and social lives to push an old timer like myself around tonight. It was so sweet and It really helped us out.
Well the fest was a good way to end a long week of painful contractions and hopes dashed. Really we've been so blessed by friends and family. Most of all by our Lord. He continues to watch out for things that we don't even acknowledge.
1 comment:
i was wondering your status while at the mountains. glad you got out of the house...will pray you don't feel sick & that you can sleep...glad our Lord is stregthening that baby girl's body. xoxo
Post a Comment