Fall is among us. It is my favorite season. I love the start of the chilly air, fairs and fair food, the parades, pumpkin decorated porches, raking leaves, and the changing colors of the leaves. It is usually filled with trips to the cabin, since my husband is an avid hunter. And also thanksgiving. A time to get together with family and fellowship. Another one of my favorite things to do. (Eat and talk)!
The lord has also put me into a different season in my life. A season of patience and receiving. 7 weeks ago I was placed on strict bedrest until the end of my pregnancy. We went into preterm labor at 24 weeks. It is a little hard to go into details, since their are many. The key ingredient is that I basically have no cervix left (.06 cm) to hold our baby girl. But god's hands are there to fill in. He has kept us pregnant this far. The doctors ask me, "You're still pregnant? "Ah the power of medicine." And I reply, "No the power of a miracle!" And so that is what our little girl is, a miracle. I spent the first 4 weeks in the hospital. Away from my boys. My husband has done such a super job at becoming a single father to our 18 month old son rowan. Now that I am home, it is nice, but I still can't help him. It makes me feel useless as a mother.We recieve meals 3 days a week from women in our church and close friends. It has been such a huge blessing. We are being fed well. And everyone is so willing to help us out. I am not used to being on this end of things. Usually I like to be the giver and think of myself as a bad reciever.I asked a friend, "How will I ever be able to bless all these people who are blessing us right now?" And her wise words we're, "Jenny, he will bless them more then you ever could!" That is so true and I continue to hold onto that.
Psalm 139:13-16
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
1 comment:
Hi Jenny!
Post a Comment