It is chilly today! It was 28 degrees at 8:00 this morning. Neal and rowan went grocery shopping. They're favorite thing to do. There wasn't much on the list so it will be a quick trip. Rowan still has not learned grocery store manners. Do they ever? Today should be a relaxing day. Nothing on the schedule.
Yesterday was quite different. I had my regularly scheduled doctors appoinment. First an nst, (non-stress test) which went well. As always she is doing great and sounds wonderful! The appoinment turned into a 4 hour hospital stay. The doctor asked how I was and if I had any questions. I explained I've been feeling a little crampy. (It was a doctor I never had before, not even with rowan). So she asked me to explain what's been going on. Since she was new to my case, she ordered me over to triage right away and to run some tests.
That was a little scary at first. Everything felt fine. Anyway after they got the test results, they came in and told me I am dehydrated.
Okay...I drink...thinking here.....90 oz of water a day and then 2-3 glasses of milk on top of that. I thought that was a lot. I think that impressed this doctor, but she said, "I guess you're body needs more." So I need to drink more water.
Oh this is funny! They do this test called a fetal fibronectin. It is to see if you are at risk for preterm labor. So they came in and said this is one of the test's they did and it came back positive. Which means I am at high risk for preterm labor. Umm....no comment! I do appreciate them being thorough because it is important.
I missed a day with rowan, didn't get to see him at all yesterday. But now we have the weekend to spend together. That will be nice. He was up at 5:00 AM this morning, that was not so nice. Hopefully he will take a long nap and be well rested.
1 comment:
wow, i can't believe you're at risk for preterm labor! i would have never guessed that:) good thing they did that test or else you may have forgotten why you're on bedrest. silly silly silly. see you tomorrow.
Post a Comment